The Story of Thugnificent – S02/E05
- Lynxi Welcome
- Episode synopsis
- HBOMax Synopsis: A superstar rap group moves in across the street and records a diss record about Granddad after a neighborly disagreement escalates into full blown rap beef.
- Episode synopsis
- Mental health
- Drug use
- 2021 & pandemic
- Texas, being irresponsible
- Vaccine and herd immunity
- Fear mongering
- Old man penis
- Kendrick Lamar
- Artists taking responsibility
- Queer Asian Ninjas
White People Question:
- From the TikTok of @carnivaljedi : “What is inherently wrong with blackface? If I wanted to dress up as a black hero of mine, why would the skin painting part suddenly make me racist?”
- Have a “Stupid White People Question” you want to leave us?
- Email us at Hosts@TheBoondocksPod.comor leave us a voicemail at (760) 933-8636, that’s (760) WE-3-UNDO.
Post Show Info:
- We’ve got a Patreon now. Want a shout-out? Want extended episodes? Want to meet up for exclusive AMAs? Want to promote yourself or an event? Hit us up at https://www.patreon.com/boondockspod
- Next week: Attack of the Killer Kung-Fu Wolf Bitch
- Need to see where we are on social media and such? Come find us! https://www.theboondockspod.com/links
- When Granddad calls Thugnificent and his friends “nappy-headed ho’s,” it is an allusion to former WFAN radio host Don Imus’ comments about the Rutgers University Women’s Basketball Team.
- Granddad thinks that the guy who played him in the “Eff Granddad” music video, is the same guy from the movie “Friday”. This is an inside reference that John Witherspoon (the voice of Granddad) played Willie Jones in the 1995 film, Friday.
- Big Tank to which Granddad talks to when he was recording is a reference to Derryck “Big Tank” Thornton the music Supervisor of the Show.
- Thugnificent offers Riley some Incredible Hulk, a cocktail made with Hypnotiq and Hennessy.
- Intro: #Makeachange by K.I.R.K. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
- Outro: Good Times by Audiobinger is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.