The Story of Catcher Freeman – S02/E12
- Lynxi Welcome
- Episode synopsis
- HBOMax Synopsis: Three very different versions of a slave revolt led by Huey and Riley’s great great great great great great grandparents. Who says the 1860s couldn’t be fun?
- Episode synopsis
- No Tiara this week
- Welcome, again, to Demond
- Reminder: https://www.patreon.com/boondockspod
- GOP blocks voting rights bill
- Mike Pence: Failing Up
- Joe and Kamala
- Domestic terrorists
- The effects of Trump
- How far back can Black folks go?
- The Freedom Train
- Being related to other famous Black people
- All presidents (but one) are related
- Modern-day house slave
- Crabs-in-a-barrel ni**as
- Being creative/finding your passion
- Queen (TV Mini Series 1993)
White People Question:
- I came across this as a video on TikTok from @haventhehatian, but the one request they had for allowing us to use their story is that we give a shout out to https://mutualaiddisasterrelief.org/.
- Mutual Aid Disaster Relief is a grassroots network whose mission is to provide disaster relief based on the principles of solidarity, mutual aid, and autonomous direct action. By working with, listening to, and supporting impacted communities, especially their most vulnerable members, to lead their own recovery, we build long-term, sustainable and resilient communities.
- Now the story: https://www.tiktok.com/@haventhehaitian/video/6973705502060596486?lang=en&is_copy_url=0&is_from_webapp=v1&sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=6954730385100736006
- Have a “Stupid White People Question” you want to leave us?
- Email us at Hosts@TheBoondocksPod.comor leave us a voicemail at (760) 933-8636, that’s (760) WE-3-UNDO.
- Riley is a hypocrite
- Riley is also a troll
- Thelma was the real hero
- Legends vs true stories
- Women written out of history
- Next week: The Story of Gangstalicious: Part 2
- Need to see where we are on social media and such? Come find us! https://www.theboondockspod.com/links
- The character of Catcher Freeman and the slave rebellion of the Colonel’s plantation is a reference to Nat Turner and the famous slave rebellion of 1831, which was led by Nat Turner himself. The part where Colonel Lynchwater wanted the slaves to stop singing was most likely a reference to how Nat Turner used to communicate with his recruits via song.
- Catcher Freeman quotes the final lines of the show’s theme song while speaking with Thelma.
- Intro: #Makeachange by K.I.R.K. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
- Outro: Good Times by Audiobinger is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.