The Passion of Reverend Ruckus – S01/E15
- Lynxi Welcome
- Episode synopsis
- HBOMax Synopsis: While Ruckus spreads the word of White Jesus to get into White Heaven, Hey tries desperately to save his friend from death row.
- Episode synopsis
- Dennis Gugin has completed Huey, Riley, Granddad, Tom, Jazmine, and Uncle Ruckus custom Funko Pop Vinyl figures and they look AMAZING! – https://facebook.com/DGPopCustoms
- 1 week into the Biden regime – what’s happened so far…
- Proud Boys are terrorists…in CANADA!
- Less “need” to check the news ALL THE TIME!
- Jamie Harrison as head of DNC
- Only 5 GOP senators have shown their interest in impeachment.
- California EDD fraud
- Biden is better than the abusive relationship of Trump.
- We want MORE than just “better” than Trump.
- Trump doesn’t deserve Secret Service protection or anything else a former president would get.
- Hard-right folks being put on no-fly lists.
- Watching the insurrectionists getting arrested
- We cannot allow this to happen again.
- White folks ignoring their white privilege.
- Be accountable!
- White heaven with Ronald Reagan
- Ruckus’ “ideal self” still had the fake eye.
- Was Trump’s agenda really any different than Reagan?
- Religion is divisive.
- Trump’s spiritual adviser praying to “African Angels”.
- Huey’s fight for Shabazz
- Black folks who are in prison even though there’s so much evidence proving otherwise
- Religion is not Spirituality and it’s as equally valid.
- Huey’s willingness to die for his cause.
- God got involved!
- Tom’s light-skinned privilege
- Riley was comic relief this episode
- Riley sees God and Santa as the same
White People Question:
- From a Buzzfeed video: “Are you growing your natural hair out as a political statement?”
- Oh yes. Everything that Black people do is a political statement </sarcasm>
- We’re realizing that we are beautiful as we are don’t have to assimilate to white standards of beauty.
- Have a “Stupid White People Question” you want to leave us?
- Email us at Hosts@TheBoondocksPod.comor leave us a voicemail at (760) 933-8636, that’s (760) WE-3-UNDO.
Post Show Info:
- There were 8 million new folks getting armed last year. 2 million of them were Black.
- The John Brown Gun Club
- Every Black household should have five different types of firearms.
- Next week: Season 1 Recap Show
- Need to see where we are on social media and such? Come find us! https://www.theboondockspod.com/links
- The title of the episode is a parody of Mel Gibson’s film The Passion of the Christ.
- Shabazz is a depiction of Mumia Abu-Jamal, a political activist and journalist who was convicted of murder and sentenced to death in 1982 for the 1981 murder of Philadelphia police officer Daniel Faulkner.
- The Armstrong Elder character is an amalgamation of two well-known Black conservatives; Armstrong Williams, who is an American political commentator, entrepreneur, author, talk show host, and adviser to Ben Carson, and Larry Elder, an American talk radio host, author, attorney, and documentary filmmaker.
- During Huey’s description of Operation Black Steel, he mentions how Granddad would remain in the car and watch Friday. This is in reference to John Witherspoon’s (Granddad’s voice actor) role as Mr. Willie Jones in the movie “Friday”.
The governor being gay is a reference to former New Jersey Governor James McGreevey, who resigned after it was revealed he had an extramarital homosexual affair.
- Intro: #Makeachange by K.I.R.K. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
- Outro: Good Times by Audiobinger is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.