The Itis – S01/E10
- Lynxi Welcome
- Episode synopsis
- HBOMax Synopsis: Granddad opens “The Itis,” the first and only soul food restaurant in Woodcrest. White people never expected it. They also didn’t expect high cholesterol, heart disease and obesity.
- Episode synopsis
- What we’re thankful for.
- Publicly acknowledging other Black folks in mostly white areas.
- Covid vaccine and healthcare for Black folks.
- Killer Mike’s bank – Greenwood: Modern Banking for the Culture
- Black families bought land in GA to build their own city
- United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell – “The South Carolina Gullah”
- Biden has been ascertained
- Hit 500 downloads
- Asking Justin to guest host if someone on the team is out
- Dean’s (haphazard) voices
- There was an actual “Luther Burger” created
- What we’re making for Thanksgiving
- Unusual conversations with the family
- Riley’s lack of social skills
- Food of the Black culture
- Soul Food
- This type of food was okay for white Europeans, but it’s looked down on for Black folks.
- Gout – “The Disease of Kings”
- Black folks are damned resourceful
- Wuncler’s goal
- What terms would be applied to Wuncler’s operation? Reverse gentrification? Other gentrification? ???
- Granddad was never even an owner
- Did they even clean those beds between guests???
- Graddad’s last line
White People Question:
- Found on Twitter (and regularly heard): “Isn’t it racist to say “white people are racist”?”
- White is not a race.
- It’s not like it’s untrue. Our country runs on systemic racism and white privilege.
- Trump as a microcosm
- History of conquering races
- Lost knowledge from different cultures
- Religion did its best to take away science in order to take more power
- It’s England’s fault
- Have a “Stupid White People Question” you want to leave us?
- Email us at Hosts@TheBoondocksPod.com or leave us a voicemail at (760) 933-8636, that’s (760) WE-3-UNDO.
Post Show Info:
- Thanks for all the love!
- Join our Discord!
- Thanks for all the new social media followers!
- Next week: Let’s Nab Oprah
- Need to see where we are on social media and such? Come find us! https://www.theboondockspod.com/links
- The last line of the episode, “Don’t anybody go in the bathroom for 35 or 45 minutes. Whew! Open the window!”, is a reference to a very similar line John Witherspoon’s character, Willie Jones, said in Friday.
- This is the only episode in the series to not feature the “n” word.
- The montage song, “Straight Outta the Oven, Made with Nothin’ But Lovin”, was written and performed by Asheru.
- Intro: #Makeachange by K.I.R.K. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
- Outro: Good Times by Audiobinger is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.