The Color Ruckus – S03/E14
- Episode synopsis
- HBOMax Synopsis: If you loved The Color Purple and can’t get enough of Precious, we present a powerful, emotionally gripping story of people beating on each other. Uncle Ruckus’s family comes to town and Ruckus must settle some old business with his father.
- Episode synopsis
- No MJ today
- Sharing GPS location
- Charlottesville settlement
- Ahmaud Arbery verdict
- Rittenhouse verdict
- Citizens arrest
- Waukesha Parade
- Alex Jones / Roger Stone
- Proud Boys / Oath Keepers
- Monty Python
- Reminder: https://www.patreon.com/boondockspod
- Benjamin Button
- Baby on doorstep trope
- Inherited trauma
- Reasons for abuse
- Unhealthy coping mechanisms
- Very large families
- Choctaw and slaves
- Corporal punishment
- Comparing trauma
- Taking responsibility for your healing
White People Question:
- From: People supporting Kyle Rittenhouse: “I don’t know why you’re upset. Kyle was just defending himself. Andrew Coffee also got found not guilty because of self defense.”
- Have a “Stupid White People Question” you want to leave us?
- Email us at Hosts@TheBoondocksPod.com or leave us a voicemail at (760) 933-8636, that’s (760) WE-3-UNDO.
- Disputed Podcast – https://disputedpod.com
- Next week: It’s Going Down (STREAMING LIVE!!!)
- Need to see where we are on social media and such? Come find us! https://www.theboondockspod.com/links
- This episode strongly references the Steven Spielberg-directed film “The Color Purple”.
- This episode also bears strong similarities with the film “Precious”.
- The beginning scene is a spoof of the film “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”
- The “my brother Daryl and my other brother Darrell” is an homage to the TV series “Newhart”
- Intro: #Makeachange by K.I.R.K. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
- Outro: Good Times by Audiobinger is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.