Riley Wuz Here – S01/E12
- Lynxi Welcome
- Episode synopsis
- HBOMax Synopsis: Riley’s affinity for graffiti goes too far when neighbors wake up to giant murals on their homes. Maybe a sweet natured, psycho war vet art teacher can help reel him in.
- Episode synopsis
- Hidden talents
- MariJayne Maven’s Alituation Holiday Marketplace.
- Covid Island Event
- Starting to love staying at home
- Things you can do when you’re staying home
- Covid funerals
- WEAR A MASK!
- Restaurants closing down
- Lack of Christmas “spirit”
- Rudy & Jenna got the Covid
- Safe Harbor Date
- Trump & allies losing 98+% of their post-election litigation
- Trump’s coup attempt
- Video of what the Trumplicans believe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VXr3p5baM
- Lou Dobbs telling Stephen Miller to pay Marc Elias half a billion.
- How Are Ya Now? Podcast (Tiara and Dean’s Letterkenny podcast) going to do a preview episode for season 9
- Who’s painted on the side of the house?
- One of the most debated things about the show
- We want Aaron McGruder on the show!!!
- Nose comparison of Granddad to the painting
- One big family
- Finding lost family
- DNA to check for your tribe and another to check for relation to cannabis
- Following the rules vs. praise
- Early reading
- Voice actor representation
- Halle Berry
- WAP and BAPS
- John Wick 3
- Better trilogy: John Wick – Riddick – Matrix
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard
- The movement is more important that the individual
- There should be a Bob Ross movie/series
- Assuming white people are in charge
- Uncle Ruckus’ view on Black artists
- Unknown black artists
- Huey’s transformation
White People Question:
- This is more of a “Well-Meaning White People Say” : “I just want you to know; I apologize on behalf of all white people for everything we’ve done to you.”
- Why are you, specifically, apologizing?
- You are not the representative for all white people.
- If the intent is pure/sincere…
- Don’t center yourself in an apology
- What are you willing to do?
- Have a “Stupid White People Question” you want to leave us?
- Email us at Hosts@TheBoondocksPod.comor leave us a voicemail at (760) 933-8636, that’s (760) WE-3-UNDO.
Post Show Info:
- Next week: Wingmen
- Need to see where we are on social media and such? Come find us! https://www.theboondockspod.com/links
- When Riley is being grilled by the cop, Tom, and Granddad he says “say hello to the bad guy”. This is a reference to Scarface (1983), where Tony Montana (Al Pacino) says the same line.
- When Granddad is talking about The Teacher and says “I heard he was a Gulf War” vet, that is a reference to Bob Ross’ (who The Teacher is based on) service during Vietnam (which is a little known fact).
- The reference that Uncle Ruckus makes to the “comics with the talking penguin” is a reference to “Bloom County” and the featured penguin character, “Opus” by Berkeley Breathed, whom Aaron McGruder is a big fan of.
- The final line that Granddad says “This ain’t Beat Street” is a reference to the movie Beat Street (1984), an American drama dance film featuring New York City hip hop culture of the early 80s, breakdancing, DJing, and graffiti.
- Riley’s painting of a “fallen soldier” is of Ol’ Dirty Bastard.
- Intro: #Makeachange by K.I.R.K. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
- Outro: Good Times by Audiobinger is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.