Let’s Nab Oprah – S01/E11
- Lynxi Welcome
- Episode synopsis
- HBOMax Synopsis: Huey has to stop Riley and a small gang of misfit idiots from nabbing the talk show deity, Oprah.
- Episode synopsis
- Is Oprah still a thing?
- What happened to Steadman?
- Making a “Steadman” a thing.
- Oprah v Beyonce
- Erykah Badu
- Will & Jada
- Gotham and Agents of Shield
- Charlie Murphy & Sam Jackson
- Maya Angelou, disrespected
- We listen to “influencers” far too much
- James Baldwin
- Catholicism & the new Pope
- White privilege
- Trump allegory
- Riley wants to REALLY be a gangster where Ed and Rummy only think they are, but they act like children.
White People Question:
- Regularly heard: “I follow BLM on social media. That makes me an ally, right?”
- Performative white allyship isn’t being an ally
- If you’re doing everything you do without seeking recognition, then you can be an ally.
- Standing up so that a Black person doesn’t have to
- Do what you would do if your child’s rights were being disenfranchised.
- Don’t seek ally validation
- Have a “Stupid White People Question” you want to leave us?
- Email us at Hosts@TheBoondocksPod.comor leave us a voicemail at (760) 933-8636, that’s (760) WE-3-UNDO.
Post Show Info:
- Air travel over Thanksgiving / Covid spikes
- All the “Lil” rappers
- No originality in rapper names
- Vanilla Ice/Kid Rock
- Would Trump hang out with Wunceler?
- Leona Helmsley, and other shitty Trump cohorts.
- Not knowing how to swim coming into the military.
- Steve Irwin
- The Irwin kids
- How Bindi Sue’s name sounds like a porn name
- Controversial Boondocks episodes
- Doomsday prepping
- Food insecurity
- We love hanging out together
- Having to wear a bra
- Being comfortable
- Ready for 2021
- The cruise industry
- Next week: Riley Wuz Here
- Need to see where we are on social media and such? Come find us! https://www.theboondockspod.com/links
- When Huey goes to take his Black Power Glove out of it’s safe, he enters the code of “67291”. From 1967 to 1992, Thurgood Marshall sat on the Supreme Court.
- When Huey and Riley are fighting and Huey gets his sword blade on Riley’s neck, we see Huey smile. This is the first time we see him smile.
- Bushido Jones is based on Jim Kelly from Kung Fu Movies like Enter the Dragon and Black Belt Jones.
- “You come straight out of a comic strip,” is a reference to Enter the Dragon and The Boondocks (comic strip) itself.
- Gin Rummy says to Riley “It’s not wise to upset a Wuncler” after both Ed III and Riley are arguing over the former’s loss in the video game. This is a reference to the line: “It’s not wise to upset a Wookiee” from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope quoted by Han Solo after R2-D2 defeats Chewbacca in a match of chess.
- Intro: #Makeachange by K.I.R.K. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
- Outro: Good Times by Audiobinger is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.